Friday, March 8, 2013

Invaded by Fierious Knights!

A couple of weeks ago, my oldest son came up to me and said, "Mom, you always sew for Anna, when are you going to sew something for us?"
"Um...."
So, I went fabric shopping after realizing that it does NOT have to be everyday clothes. In fact, it could be something fun--such as Knights!
 
 
I first sewed up these capes. They are mainly out of broadcloth though the black is a quilting cotton. They are reversible--the same C and I are done in the opposite color combo on the back. The boys were allowed to pick their own colors and these are the ones they came up with.
I used a free pattern from Nancy's Notions.
 
They thought that was it.
But, I had a surprise in store for them!
 

Suits of armor!
I used the pattern, Knight in Shining Armor by Becka Rahn from the book, Fabric by Fabric One Yard Wonders.
They are both made out of felt from Fabricland and it was a super easy, fun project. Other than trying to cut out the dragons...
 
 
They love them.



 This is them looking fierce......













 
Of course, some battles ensued...they are quite the fierious (My son's word--I think he has combined the words fierce and furious) knights.

 
And, my daughter was 'gifted' with my oldest son's old armor and wanted to get in on the picture taking:
 
 
We shall see how many fire-breathing dragons and evil enemies they shall slay as Fierious Knights!




5 comments:

  1. These are so awesome! I wish my boys were still little enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You have made some very happy kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my son would love this! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable! What boy wouldn't want that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!