Monday, January 20, 2014

Tree Climber Trousers

My little man needed some new pants for Sunday.
He is super tiny for his age--he's almost 2 but in 12-18 month clothing.
Plus, he's super slim, so I needed a pattern that wouldn't have baggy legs.
In comes the Tree Climber Trousers from Go-To Patterns.
 
 
I would have loved to do the parachute buckle option, but I didn't have any belting and was in no mood to make it.
There was also an option for belt loops which I also didn't do.
So, elastic waist it was.


 
The navy blue fabric is a twill I got from a friend--there's plenty left for more pairs of pants!
The buttons are from my stash, unfortunately the one had a bit of a chip in it, but I still couldn't resist using them.
 
 
I love the topstitching! It adds so much to the pants.

 
Plus, you can reinforce the knee by putting a double layer of fabric there--it's all in the instructions which are very clear!
My little man is quite pleased with the pants--he did not want to take them off when I tried them on him for hemming, and he was thrilled with the pockets.

 
Because I made the size 18 months, they're still a little wide in the butt for my little man, but they should last quite a while. (I just may regret not reinforcing the knee the way this little guy grows doesn't grow.)
 
But, if you want to buy this pattern for yourself, visit Go-To Patterns and look for the Tree Climber Trousers!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love them! You are right - the top stitching looks very good. And elastic waist is perfect for this age, I'm sure his shirt never stays tucked in anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!