My boys are growing.
And wearing through their clothes rather quickly.
Most of their shirts are either stained, too small, or have holes in them.
I think they have one or two shirts each that are decent enough to wear out.
This is another upcycle--two $3 shirts from Walmart.
I could barely fit the raglan sleeves on the original sleeves but managed to squeeze them out.
The pattern is from Ottobre 4/2013--#9 'Rascal.'
Both are size 110 in width but I added a good bit of length to the red shirt--I'm not sure even how much, but it was a couple of inches for sure.
I would shorten the neck binding next time, and maybe do it as the instructions said...I just folded it in half, sewed it on, and topstitched--not so much a binding but a neck band.
The castle applique is a quilting cotton from Fat Quarter Shop--Madrona Road's 'Haystack' in charcoal. Perfect for castle walls!
The pattern I used for the applique is my own, newly released pattern--Castle Applique Pattern.
The boys love their new shirts.
As do I.
I also bought some more fabric! I had won a $50 gift card to Fabric.com and picked out these lovelies the day I got it--there was a bit of a sale on knits.
My stock of kid prints was rather
depleted non-existent, and with a baby coming in June, Lord willing, I thought it'd be wise to stock up. So, there is half yard each of some Ooga Booga--a jersey and an interlock and then some from Heather Ross--both jerseys.
The next two are full yards and then 2 yards of the bottom.
It is such a pretty fabric, I'll probably make myself a dress or so out of that!
(If you want to shop at Fabric.com, I'd love if you clicked on the little link in the side bar! It's an affiliate link, and I get a little commission. Thanks!!!)