Thursday, August 4, 2016

Aztec Hudson Pants

It is a rare thing that I do custom sewing. Especially custom clothes. 
But, when my sister-in-law requested these pants, I figured, 'Why not? It'll be a fun challenge!'
First of all, kudos to those who do custom clothes all  the time. I don't think I could. 
I had nightmares that the fabric I ordered wasn't enough--that I wouldn't be able to match stripes. 
The next morning, I laid out the pattern pieces on the fabric to make sure. Whew! 


I used the Hudson Pants by True Bias. 
The fabric is a Ponte De Roma from Girl Charlee.  (Emerald Green Red Ethnic Diamond Rows Ponte De Roma) 


I'm quite pleased with how the pattern went together. 
I did have to add about 5" to the length at the lengthen/shorten line which was an easy adjustment. 
I was a little worried about the waistband--adding the drawstring with button holes. Only because I was afraid to mess up a custom order and I wanted it to be perfect. 
Now, I just need to make myself a pair of Hudsons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!